Disability & the Arts Forum
As We Are invites you to attend our 6th annual Disability and the Arts Forum:
Artist Product Lines: Expanding Your Art Practice, Income and Audience
While exhibiting your artwork in exhibitions and galleries is an integral component of being a successful artist, developing and selling an art product line is another significant way to expand your creative practice as well as your income and audience.
Be inspired by industry representatives and a number of artists who have an intellectual disability who will share their experience of developing their own successful product line that reflects their unique artistic style, including:
– deciding what product/s to create and materials to use
– creating the products, including sourcing materials
– naming, labelling and packaging products
– pricing and selling art products
– maintaining a customer base, as well as
– product successes, failures and lessons learnt!
Forum speakers include (see overleaf for more information):
• Bec’s Dogs: Rebecca Johnston, Artist
• The Corner Shop: Kellee Aberg, Creative Director, Community First
• Sunshine Designs by Valda: Valda Petersen, Artist
• Quality Art Products: Karen Hazell, Stockist, Aspects of Kings Park
Time: 10.15am registration, 10.30am–12.30pm
Date: Friday 29 July 2016
Where: PS Art Space, 22 Packenham Street, Fremantle
Cost: $10 Artist who has an intellectual disability; $25 Individual or Community Member; $40 Organisational Staff Member
To download a copy of the flyer and registration form please click here.
Following the forum will be a Pop-Up Art Shop where you will have the opportunity to see first-hand, as well as purchase, art products from a select number of As We Are artists including the above-mentioned artists. Click here for further information and to download a flyer for the Pop-Up Art Shop.