The 2023 As We Are Art Awards Exhibition was held in October and showcased 177 artists and artworks. The event was such a success, that we are looking forward to its’ return at Wilkinson Gallery Claremont for 2024! See the 2024 Key Dates further down the page.
2023 Awards Presentation: The Winners
In 2023 there were nine art award categories, each with a respective cash prize of $1,000, with all entries judged by a professional, independent visual arts panel. The Awards Presentation evening took place on Thursday 19th October 2023, at Wilkinson Gallery, Claremont Showgrounds.
Congratulations to all the 177 artists who participated in this year’s awards.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Award – Robin Thorne “Magpie Coroboree”
- Contemporary Art Award – Greg Carstens “Bachelor Brother In Law”
- David Guhl Award for Artistic Excellence – Mandy White “Me and Poppet at a Jungle Party
- Patti Ferber Creative Development Award – Maria Perruzza “A Colourful Life”
- Regional Art Award – Aimee Dickson “Oh What a Dame”
- Rosalind Lewis Art Award – Darryl Dempster “Baby Farm”
- Stephen Delower Memorial 3-D Award – Malcolm Nielson “Does Your Monkey Have A Licence?”
- Spilt Milk Awards:
Emily Cox “Colourful Wilderness”
Rebecca Johnston “George”
Harper Hely “Thinking About Pink”
Catherine Wright “Ocean Life”
- David Guhl “New York Walk”
- Malcolm Burgess “Playing in my first car”
- Justin Lekias “Blink-182”
- Mason Levy “mutilatio est sola revelatio”
- Aidan Leahy “Busy Day”
- Brendan Morris “Disco Bird”
About entering the Exhibition for 2024:
Entries can be in any art medium, though works are limited in size and weight: 1m x 1m and up to 5kg for two-dimensional works, and 0.5m3 and up to 10kg for three-dimensional works.
In 2024, artists will be invited to submit one entry, with all entries submitted being the artists’ original works and produced in the 12-month period prior to the entry closing date.
Entry is a two-part process. Firstly, entrants are required to submit a completed Registration Form, and secondly, entrants are required to deliver their artworks two days prior to the exhibition opening.