As We Are E-Newsletter – November 2021
Hi As We Are Friend!
The exhibition was packed down last week, ending a very successful and well visited 2-week exhibition at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The Exhibition Opening and Award Presentation Evening, was such a joyous occasion. Congratulations to all the 239 artists
who participated in this year’s awards.
I am excited to announce the Award winners are as follows (images will be uploaded to the As We Are website):
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Award – Darryl Dempster “Djiripin Djarima (Happy Forest)”
- Contemporary Art Award – Martin Cahill “Ladies on the beach”
- David Guhl Award for Artistic Excellence – Jane Ibbitson “Red Tail Cockatoo in Reds”
- Patti Ferber Creative Development Award – Greg Barr “Dad’s, The Old Man”
- Regional Art Award – Mason Levy “Fun Times with Friends”
- Rosalind Lewis Art Award – Tim Maley “Animals in the River”
- Stephen Delower Memorial 3-D Award – Chrissie Terpos “Bruce”
- People’s Choice Award – Sam Clarke “Contemplate”
Our judges also awarded ten Certificates of High Commendation (in no particular order):
- Loanna Brophy “Cats in a Pet Shop”
- Suzie Endersbee “Portrait of Myself”
- Christopher Hummel “Graffiti on a Merseyrail train in Liverpool”
- Anna Marmura “Underwater World Podwodnny ?wiat”
- Clive Collender “Animal”
- Maddi Miller “Untitled”
- Margaret Reiman “Deck of Cards”
- Mandy White “Self Portrait”
- Michelle Maliepaard “Pilbara Coast”
- Tom Linden-Wood “The Mysterious Composing Orchid”
A massive congratulations to these award winners.
Click here to see a video of the opening night with thanks to Smooth Edge Studios for capturing the magic.
Special thanks to Robbie Tremain for assisting with videography and Lynne Newport for the wonderful photos on the night.
Thanks also to the many volunteers who helped with installation, staffing and also packing down the exhibition. And to the judges, support teams, and especially the sponsors. We couldn’t do
any of it without you.
Just a little reminder that some artworks have not yet been collected and are now at Nulsen Offices, 32 Burton Street, Cannington for immediate collection.
A mail-out has been sent to all of this year’s artists with a Participation Certificate, so look out for these in your letterbox.
We hope to see you all in 2022 for our 20th year.
Annette and the As We Are team.
To view a full copy of the E-Newsletter, please click here.