As We Are Forum “Inspire, Document, Reproduce & Exhibit” 24 June 2013
As We Are in partnership with the Nulsen Association and Mosaic Community Care recently held the 4th Disability and the Arts Forum, “Inspire, Document, Reproduce & Exhibit: Elevating the Artistic Practice of Artists Who Have an Intellectual Disability” on 24th June 2013 at Perth City Farm.
There were a range of inspiring Artists and Arts Workers who spoke on a range of practice-based topics (please click to access relevant presentations):
- Kate Leslie: Artist and Arts Workers, Nulsen Association – Artistic Inspiration: Creative Ways to Inspire One’s Artistic Practice
- Louise Lodge: Artist, Arts Worker and Curator – Beyond Creation: How to Successfully Document and Present Art Work
- David Giles, Artist and Gallery Owner – Identifying and Securing Exhibition Opportunities: Exhibiting Art Work in Art Awards, Solo & Group Shows and Alternate Exhibition Spaces
- Aimee Dickson, Artist; Fiona Dickson, Mother of Artist; and Yael Harris, Arts Worker – Making Reproductions of Art Works
- Katrina Barber – Julianne Ryan; Karen Forbes-Smith – Michele Urlich; Delores Purdie – Liz Juraszek– Art Partnerships: Dynamic Artist—Arts Mentor Relationships, including Q & A Panel Discussion
For further information about the forum speakers and topics you can download a copy of the Forum Flyer here.
Art work: Lisa Joyce, ‘Untitled #1,’ acrylic monoprint on paper (2012 As We Art Award Entry)